Friday, January 17, 2014

From Pit to Praise

"He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth- Praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord." -Psalm 40:2-3

         I read this verse and am totally struck by the goodness of God. David is writing this Psalm, from a place of experiencing the deliverance of the Lord and I think it is a great reminder that God is ready and able to do the same for us all.
         So let’s break it down…
                  “He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay”, this is the grace of God. Whatever your “horrible pit”, whatever your “miry clay”, the Lord knows where you are at and there is no place that He is unwilling to go to extend His hand of grace to you, pull you out, and draw you into Himself. Ahh, He is GOOD.
                  “and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.”, this is the salvation of God. He pulls us out of the mess we are in AND sets us on a firm foundation..His firm foundation..His rock of love and security. He is our salvation. He alone, will establish our steps, if only we surrender everything to Him and let Him be our rescue! He is GOOD!        
                  “He has put a new song in my mouth- Praise to out God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord.” Oh sweet redemption. Not only is the Lord ready to pull us out of our mess, rescue us and be our salvation, but He is also ready to put a NEW song in our mouths. He is ready to redeem our hearts, to fill us a fresh with a NEW spirit, and NEW attitude, a NEW way to praise His name. Oh man, HE IS GOOD TO US!

I hope you are all encourage today by these verses and reminded of the goodness and love that God has for us.
Happy Friday, friends!

Sincerely,

Kaity

1 comment:

  1. "...there is no place that He is unwilling to go to extend His hand of grace to you..."

    Man that hit me like a bullet in the gut. Like a friend standing by another who's stuck waist-up in mud, He doesn't give us a rope. He actually jumps in.

    ReplyDelete